In my first, introductory post, I may have mentioned cake. And my undying love for it. I have newly discovered a wonderful new place in Bathgate called Artisan Cheesecakes. Now believe me when I say, this is the best cheesecake I’ve ever had. In. My. Life.

Lovely shop front
Firstly, lets talk about the shop. It’s right on the main street in Bathgate and the simplicity of the white shopfront, hung with cute bunting catches your eye as you drive past…particularly because the word cheesecake is over the door. Maybe that’s just me? Inside it’s cosy with all the available flavours for the day on display and a few cute tables to enjoy your cheesecake at. The place is also filled with the heavenly scent of fresh baking; I don’t mind telling you that I almost wept when I walked in and smelt the chocolate brownies that were cooking last week.
Secondly, the cheesecake itself. Good grief it’s good. I got myself a (suitably generous) slice of the Peanutrageous (one of the specials that day) under encouragement from the lovely lady serving me – peanut butter cheesecake top with bits of Reese’s Peanutrageous bar through it and a heavenly thick base. Basically heaven on a plate. For what I felt was a reasonable price of £2.50. It did not disappoint I must say.
Peanut-y perfectionPeanut-y perfection








The Peanut Butter Goodness

I took my second visit today and can’t wait to try the raspberry ripple sitting in my fridge! Plus they do milkshakes the same flavour as the cheesecake…I’m going to be rolling to work in a few weeks basically.  I love supporting delicious local businesses!
Local to Bathgate? definitely check them out! Not local? Make the trip!! Absolutely worth it!